ICEPAY BV / Stichting Escrow ICEPAY – Information for consumers
It is possible that the online payment you did, is processed by Payment Service Provider ICEPAY. In this case, you will find the name ICEPAY BV or Stichting Escrow ICEPAY at the statement of your bank account. This means that ICEPAY BV is only responsible for the handling of your online payment. ICEPAY does not have any influence on the delivery your ordered products or services.
ICEPAY BV is a Payment Service Provider (PSP). As a PSP ICEPAY gives merchants the opportunity to offer several online payment methods, such as iDEAL, creditcard and PayPal, in their webshop. This way, you as a consumer, can pay your online purchases at these webshops easily and within a safe and sound payment environment.
You can find the answer to frequently asked questions about your order and payment below.
Why is the name 'ICEPAY BV / Stichting Escrow ICEPAY' on the statement of my bank account?
ICEPAY ensures that your online payment will be received by the merchant where you ordered your products. The name ICEPAY BV / Stichting Escrow ICEPAY is on your statement, because ICEPAY is the first party that processes your payment.
Escrow means third party funds. In this case, third party funds are sums of money of ICEPAY customers. These sums are managed by the foundation (Stichting) Escrow ICEPAY, based on the function of ICEPAY as a Payment Service Provider. This method is used to follow strict regulatory and control on the activities of ICEPAY (and other PSP’s) by ‘De Nederlansche Bank’ (Dutch Central Bank).
There are 2 important reasons for working with a third party funds foundation:
- It is not allowed to use third party funds for other purposes.
- In case of a bankruptcy, the third party funds are beyond this bankruptcy.
Is my online payment safe?
When you do a transaction through ICEPAY, you can assume that this transaction is secured in several ways. As a Payment Service Provider, ICEPAY needs to follow strict rules relating to the safety of transaction traffic:
- ICEPAY is currently relieved from 'De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB, Dutch Central Bank)' regulation. Any and all updates on current status will be communicated as soon as they become available.
- ICEPAY is certified by Currence, the owner of iDEAL. This means that ICEPAY meets the strict safety requirements of Currence to offer iDEAL as an online payment method.
- ICEPAY has SSL certification. Meaning that you make your online payments always within a secured web environment. You can control if the webpage you are using is secured yourself. A secured web page always shows https:// in the address bar of your browser. If you do not see the ‘s’ behind the ‘http’ you are not sure whether you are at a secured page.
How does an online payment through ICEPAY work?
You have placed an order in the webshop of one of the merchants that uses ICEPAY. The online payment that you did to pay this order, is handled by ICEPAY. This means that ICEPAY ensures that your online payment will be transferred to the bank account of the webshop where you ordered your products/services. You can compare these actions of ICEPAY with the activities of a bank to ensure that a payment is transferred from one bank account to the other.
Did ICEPAY receive my payment?
Questions about the status of your online payments can be directed to the webshop where you have paid your online order.
I have already paid, but I want to cancel, return or I did not receive my order?
ICEPAY does not have any influence on the delivery process of your order. You can contact the webshop where you have ordered your products services about questions concerning the delivery of your order.